Skip Navigation

This table is used for column layout.
Planning and Development
Contact TypeContact Information
Energy Manager
Clerk, Planning Board
Clerk, Building Dept. & Conservation Comm.
127 Elm Street
Millbury, MA 01527
8:30 AM to 4:30 PM - Monday through Friday
Additional Links:
Link to PageLink to PageLink to Page
Please contact the Planning & Development Office prior to using the zoning bylaws/zoning map for any official business to ensure that you have the most up-to-date information.

2018 Town Meeting Information:

March 8, 2018 the Cannabis Control Commission filed with the Secretary of State’s Office, the state’s final regulations, 935 CMR 500.000, for the purpose of implementing the adult use of marijuana in Massachusetts. 

Please visit our new Economic Development page!

The Department of Planning and Development encompasses the Planning Board, Conservation Commission, and all Building and Inspection services.

All construction is regulated by the Massachusetts Building Code, Sixth Edition.  Building, Plumbing, Gas and Electrical/Wiring permits are available through this office.  

Some building activity may also require permits through the Fire Department.

The Conservation Commission will review any "land disturbing" activity within 100 feet of a wetland (or 200 feet of a river).  We use DEP guidelines and application forms, which can be accessed through the State's web site.

The Planning Board is responsible for administration of the Subdivision Regulations, and they also review some Special Permits (which involves the Zoning Bylaw).

Any questions you may have about development can usually be addressed by someone in this department.

Detail Detail
Town of Millbury, 127 Elm Street, Millbury MA 01527 (508) 865-4710