Skip Navigation
 

 
 
This table is used for column layout.
 
 
 
 
Energy Advisory Committee
Contact TypeContact Information
Contact:
Chairman
Address:
127 Elm Street
Millbury, MA 01527
Phone:
508-865-4710 - Town Manager Office
Alternate Phone:
508-865-9501 - Richard Bedard
 
Link to PageLink to Page
Additional Links:
Link to PageLink to PageLink to Page
.
.
 
NAME
TERM EXPIRES
TITLE
Patricia Arp
June 2018
 
Rick Bedard
June 2018
Chairman
Laurie Connors
June 2018
 
Jeffrey Dore
June 2018
 
James Dunn
June 2018
 
Daniel Gawrych
June 2018
 
Keith Nastasia
June 2020
 
Paul Stringham
June 2020
 
Vacancy
June 2018
 
Important notice to Millbury residents who may have been enrolled in the Aggregation Program in error.

Millbury LED Streetlight Conversion Project (to be funded with Green Communities grant money).


Utility Credit Purchase Agreement

In August 2012, the Town of Millbury entered into a 20-year contract to purchase net metering credits from a 1 MW, ground-mounted solar facility located on Stafford Street in Leicester, Massachusetts.  The solar facility consists of 4,264 photovoltaic modules spread over 5 acres.  These modules produce approximately 1.2 million kWh per year.   The electricity generated by the facility is fed into the power grid for consumption by a variety of customers.  The Town of Millbury and Worcester’s Hanover Theater are the recipients of the net metering credits.  The Town of Millbury receives 40% of the net metering credits and The Hanover Theater receives the remaining 60%.    The value of the credits produced by the solar facility are reflected on the Town’s electric bills as avoided costs.   If the system performs as anticipated, avoided costs will total approximately $540,000 over the life of the contract.  

Click here for a picture of the Leicester Solar Farm!

A state of the art web-based monitoring system allows the public to see how much electricity the Leicester solar facility generates in real time.  It shows electricity generation on a daily, weekly and monthly basis:

                                 




 
 
Detail Detail
Town of Millbury, 127 Elm Street, Millbury MA 01527 (508) 865-4710